Cartoon Network USA No.1 Ad-Supported Network with Kids 6-11 During 2015
For the first time ever since the network’s launch in October 1992, Cartoon Network USA will be television’s #1 ad-supported television network for kids aged between 6 and 11 at the end of 2015. This is also the second consecutive year where Cartoon Network has grown popularity on all platforms with triple-digit growth for the Cartoon Network app. The year 2015 also saw Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time awarded the prestigious Peabody Award, and Cartoon Network Studios won more Emmys than any of the network’s competitors including Outstanding Animated Series for the critically acclaimed Over The Garden Wall. On the international front, The Amazing World of Gumball won a BAFTA for best British animated show and an ASTRA award for Monster Beach for Most Outstanding Children’s Programme in Australia.
Cartoon Network’s success in offering fans a deeply immersive experience across all platforms led to the following highlights in 2015:
• Cartoon Network is the only kids network to show continued growth, increasing its deliveries of Kids 6-11 by +6%, Kids 2-11 by +5% and Boys by +2%.
• The network is the #1 VOD choice across all cable networks for 2015.**
• Cartoon Network is home to seven of the Top 10 animated shows on television among boys 6-11 and 9-14.
• Cartoon Network’s’s top-ranked app has grown its audience by +122% compared to last year.
• The network’s cross-platform video plays have grown +13% over 2014, including +165% growth on mobile.
*Source: Nielsen Media Research based on Live+7 Blended with Live+SD. January-November 2015 (12/29/14-11/29/15). Sellable day: Mon-Sun 6a-8p.
** Source: Rentrak Corporation On Demand Essentials Competitive Report. January-November 2015, US only Usage MVPDs, FOD, Network Collective View. Contains only participating networks. Excludes Music Choice